Joao Cancelo has travelled to London and will be available for Manchester City on Saturday after being the target of a traumatic robbery.

The full back was left with facial injuries inflicted by four intruders inside his own home on Thursday night.

Cancelo had fought back against the burglars with his partner, Daniela, and two-year-old daughter inside the house. The 27-year-old’s jewellery collection was stolen during the ordeal.

Manchester City defender Joao Cancelo has revealed he was attacked at home by intruders - but will be available to face Arsenal on Saturday, it has been confirmed

Manchester City defender Joao Cancelo has revealed he was attacked at home by intruders - but will be available to face Arsenal on Saturday, it has been confirmed

Manchester City defender Joao Cancelo has revealed he was attacked at home by intruders – but will be available to face Arsenal on Saturday, it has been confirmed

City’s player liaison staff visited the property to offer support to the family and Greater Manchester Police are investigating the incident.

Cancelo’s physical and mental wellbeing were checked in the hours before Pep Guardiola’s squad made their way down to the capital ahead of Saturday’s Premier League clash at Arsenal.

The Portugal international was deemed fit enough to form part of the squad and he is available for selection at the Emirates Stadium.

Cancelo pictured with his partner Daniela - they have a baby daughter together called Alicia

Cancelo pictured with his partner Daniela - they have a baby daughter together called Alicia

Cancelo pictured with his partner Daniela – they have a baby daughter together called Alicia

Cancelo (left) has won the Premier League with City since joining from Juventus in 2019

Cancelo (left) has won the Premier League with City since joining from Juventus in 2019

Cancelo (left) has won the Premier League with City since joining from Juventus in 2019

City said in a statement late on Thursday night that Cancelo is assisting police investigations

City said in a statement late on Thursday night that Cancelo is assisting police investigations

City said in a statement late on Thursday night that Cancelo is assisting police investigations

Cancelo has been in stunning form for the defending champions so far this season, scoring three goals and recording seven assists.

Kyle Walker returned to training this week after illness and is pushing for inclusion against Arsenal, with Oleksandr Zinchenko also hopeful of a recall at left back.

Cancelo labelled the thieves ‘cowards’, while City said in a statement that they were ‘shocked and appalled’ at the attack on their player’s family.

‘When you show resistance this is what happens,’ Cancelo said on social media alongside a selfie showing visible scarring.

‘They managed to take all my jewellery and leave me with my face with this state. I don’t know how there are people with such meanness. The most important thing for me is my family and luckily they are all OK.’

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

You May Also Like

Manchester United ‘are considering Southampton’s Ralph Hasenhuttl as their next boss’

Southampton boss Ralph Hasenhuttl has reportedly been added to the Manchester United shortlist…

Emotional LeBron James Has A Heartfelt Message After Teaming Up With An NBA All Star For A Stellar Performance, After Over A Decade At Drew League

LeBron James returned to action after more than three months with a…

Women’s Euro 2022 LIVE: Denmark vs Spain & Finland vs Germany – scores and updates

It’s the final round of matches in Group B at this year’s…

“Not Sure How I Ended Up..”: Tom Brady Was Left in Disbelief as World’s Fastest Man Usain Bolt Starred Alongside Him for a Special Show

The legacy of Usain Bolt and Tom Brady is astonishing. While Bolt…