According to report ‘Lionel Messi Injury Concerns Emerge After Argentina Manager’s Alarming Remarks’ Inter Miami fans are anxious about Lionel Messi’s fitness for their upcoming MLS match against Atlanta United. After completing his international duties with Argentina’s 3-0 win over Bolivia on September 12, the Argentine legend was benched due to physical limitations.
Lionel Messi Injury Concerns Emerge After Argentina Manager’s Alarming Remarks
The high altitude in Bolivia, situated at 3,637 meters above sea level, presented a significant challenge for players. Liverpool’s Alexis Mac Allister was even seen using oxygen ahead of the game. Fortunately for Argentina, Messi’s absence didn’t hinder them, as they secured victory with goals from Enzo Fernandez, Nico Tagliafico, and Nico Gonzalez.
As Messi prepares to return to Miami, comments from Argentina’s coach, Lionel Scaloni, suggest that he may miss the clash against Atlanta United on September 16. Scaloni explained, “Leo was not ready to play. Yesterday he tried to recover and he did not feel comfortable. We did not risk it.” He emphasized the importance of upcoming events, indicating that resting Messi was the right decision.
Argentina had a successful international break, winning both of their matches and accumulating six points in the CONMEBOL World Cup Qualifying group. They currently sit second, level on points with Brazil but with a lesser goal difference.
With Inter Miami trailing just six points behind a Wild Card spot in the MLS, each game is crucial, and Messi’s performance could determine their postseason fate. While his availability for the weekend game remains uncertain, fans hope to see him on the field for the U.S. Open Cup final on September 28 against the Houston Dynamo, where Miami aims to secure their second piece of silverware this season.
10 Interesting Facts To Know About Lionel Messi
Here are 10 interesting facts about Lionel Messi:
- His full name is Lionel Andrés Messi.
- He was born on June 24, 1987 in Rosario, Argentina.
- His father, Jorge, was a steelworker and coach of the local youth football team.
- Messi had growth hormone deficiency, which was stopping his normal growth rate at a tender age of 11.
- Barcelona agreed to pay for Messi’s treatment, and he joined their youth academy in 2000.
- He made his debut for the Barcelona first team in 2003, at the age of 16.
- He has won a record seven Ballon d’Or trophies.
- He is the all-time highest goalscorer in La Liga history, with 474 goals.
- He has won 35 major trophies with Barcelona, including 10 La Liga titles and 4 Champions League titles.
- He helped Argentina win the Copa America in 2021, their first major international title since 1986.